Hot Topics

/Hot Topics
Hot Topics 2018-03-14T19:27:19+00:00

Below are some of the most popular requests received at the Municipality:

How do I obtain a building permit?

  • Click on the Building Permit link for the Building Permit Application Form.  And, yes, you need a building permit for a shed.  Even for the prefabricated ones from Sears.

Do I need a burning permit?

  • The answer is, “Yes, you do!”  You’re not permitted to burn trash and recyclables, but for items like large tree limbs, you’ll need a burning permit.  The cost is $5.00 for 5 years.  Click on the Burning Permit link to fill out and mail in the form or you can.  By the way, open burning is permitted Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and we recommend standing by with the garden hose for safety purposes.

I’d like to go door-to-door to sell stuff or stand in front of a local business to collect for a charity.

  • This requires a Solicitor’s Permit!  Please stop by the Municipal Building to complete the required formed, provide identification, and submit payment.  Please allow a three-day turnaround time.

I’m having a problem with my neighbor.  Can you  help?

  • Barking dog?  Junk vehicles?  Standing water?  The Municipality will try to help you as best as we can, so please contact the Code Enforcement Department at 724-327-2100, Ext. 110

I need to speak with Comcast, the cable company.  Your number is listed on my bill.

  • The Municipality is listed on your bill because we permit Comcast to provide cable service in Murrysville.  But, we can’t help you with fixing your cable box or arranging for payment.  Please call Comcast directly at 800-266-2278.  The nearest Comcast office is located in the Penn Hills Shopping Center, 30 Federal Drive, Pittsburgh, PA  15235 and their phone number is 412-731-6011.

How do I rent the Community Center or  one of the park pavilions?

  • Please visit the Rental Reservations section of this website and you can view the availability of the Community Center and the park pavilions.  Not only can you rent the facilities on-line, but we accept Visa and MasterCard for payment.  However, if you have questions, please contact our friendly receptionist at 724-327-2100, Ext. 104.

When does the recycling guy collect my recycling?

  • First of all, ensure that you have your recycling (and trash) at the curb prior to 6:00 a.m. on collection day, because the driver cannot return to your house if you don’t have it at the curb in time.  Click on the Recycling Schedule link for the collection weeks.

Hey, the trash guy didn’t pick up my trash?  Who should I call?

  • Please call the trash company, Republic Services, at 877-788-9400.  They’re the folks who can handle all your missed pick-ups and billing questions immediately.  If you’re a new resident, you’ll need to set-up your trash/recycling account, as this service is not included in your taxes.

I’d like to switch recycling cart sizes.  Who should I call?

  • Please call the trash company, which is also the recycling collector at 877-788-9400.  The customer service representatives will be pleased to assist you.

What’s the phone number for the Murrysville Post Office?

  • This is one of the best kept secrets in town!  The number is 724-387-1772.

I like those blue address number signs.  How do I get one?

  • Excellent question!  To find your home in an emergency, this reflective sign is incredibly helpful.  Please contact  Murrysville Medic One at 724-327-1222 to order your sign.