Civil Engineering Technician
Municipality of Murrysville – Murrysville, PA 15668
The Municipality of Murrysville is seeking candidates to fill the Civil Engineering Technician position within the Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be expected to perform construction site inspections, assist in design and permitting of municipal capital projects, assist in preparation of contract bidding documents, assist in plan reviews, grant applications, work related to MS4 and survey work under the supervision of the Director of Engineering.
- A two-year technical degree (civil engineering technology), a four-year college degree in Civil Engineering or commensurate experience.
- One (1) to five (5) years of experience in the civil engineering field.
- Work experience in highway construction inspection is a plus
- Understanding of zoning, subdivision and land development regulations is desirable
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcMap, GIS and other design software desired.
Murrysville is a municipality located in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. Murrysville is approximately 20 miles east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania along U.S. Route 22, just east of the county line that separates Westmoreland and Allegheny counties. The Municipality of Murrysville encompasses approximately 37 square miles of land, maintains 150 miles of municipal roads and has approximately 22,000 residents.
Please send cover letter and resume to Municipality of Murrysville, 4100 Sardis Road, Murrysville, PA 15668, Attention: Mr. Scott E. Hilty, P.E., Director of Engineering or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org