Mayor Synan and the Municipality of Murrysville Council proclaimed the week of May 12 through May 18, 2019 as Police Week in Murrysville and urge all residents to honor the heroism of all law enforcement officers, especially those that have given their lives so that other might live.
Mayor Synan proclaimed the week of May 19 through May 25, 2019 as Emergency Medical Services week with Murrysville Medic One with the theme "EMS Strong - Always in Service" and encourage the community to observe this week with appropriate programs, ceremonies and activities.
The retirement of Canine Officer Argos was recognized by the Mayor and Murrysville Police Chief Seefeld. Sergeant Kettren and Officer Argos have been on the Murrysville Canine Team for over the last 10 years. On behalf of your brothers in blue and the Murrysville Police Department, thank you for your service and dedication.
COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS:
- Approved Resolution No. 701-19, a resolution to dispose certain municipal records in accordance with the State Records Retention Policy
- Approved to enter into a 3-year lease agreement with The Wilson Group for copiers for the Police and Public Works Departments
- Approved the sell the Municipality's Police K-9 to Sergeant Scott Kettren in the amount of $1.00
- Approval to advertise for consulting engineering services for the Municipality of Murrysville
- Approval to advertise Ordinance No. 1009-19, an ordinance authorizing participation in the SWAT Trained Officers Organization
- Approved exoneration of municipal real estate taxes on parcels listed in the agenda briefing
- Approved advertising of a Public Hearing for CU-1-18 and SP-4-18, the Tital Well Project, Bollinger Road, for June 19, 2019
- Approved SP-4-19, Fusting Executive Park, B and R-3 Zoning, Manor Road and Route 22
- Approved the fireworks contract for Murrysville Concert in the Park for August 10th
The next Murrysville Council meeting is June 5th.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage.