Recognition of The Thomas Family’s Donation to Purchase Police K-9 Magnus:
Chief Seefeld presented a plaque from the Murrysville Police Department to George and Maxine Thomas in appreciation and recognition for their support to the Murrysville Police Department K-9 Unit, K-9 Magnus. Not only are they helping to protect our officers, but they are helping the community. Sargent Kettren, agreed to be the handler for the new K-9 and talked about the K-9 Program. Mr. Thomas stated that they are firm believers in the Police Department and what they do in protecting our community. He believes that K-9s are invaluable and hopes and prays that Magnus will do what he needs to do to protect Sargent Kettren, the police force and the citizens of Murrysville.
Council Action Items:
- Council authorized to advertise Ordinance #1027-20, the Pedora Plan Street Vacation Ordinance.
- Council approved the proposed Lodovico landscape plan conditioned on the zoning approval by the Municipality of Monroeville of the land development plan.
- Council approved advertising of a public hearing for the Hillstone Village PRD, a planned residential development proposing to subdivide and develop a 37 acre tract located along Harrison City Road currently identified as Westmoreland County Tax Parcel 49-20-00-0-026
- Council approved release of the bond being held for the completion of the Villas at Heritage Estates development site in the amount of $79,634.70.
- Council approved a contract with Kellner’s Fireworks, Inc. to exhibit fireworks for a Drive-In Fireworks Event in the amount of $6,400.00.
- Council accepted the resignation of a resident-at-large position on the Parks And Recreation Foundation Board and advertising the vacant position.
The next Murrysville Council meeting will be Wednesday, October 7th at 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage.