Mayor Synan recognized the Murrysville American Legion Junior State Champions. They defeated Upper Perkiomen 8-3 in the championship game Tuesday in Homer City. This was the Eagles' first trip to the state tournament. Several of the players, parents, coaches, and representatives from the American Legion were in attendance. The Mayor will be signing a Proclamation later this week declaring August 2, 2022 as Murrysville Junior American Legion Day. Congratulations to each and every one of you!
COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS:
- Council authorized staff to file a Community Development Block Grant application with Westmoreland County to construct an ADA accessible restroom at the site of the amphitheater at Murrysville Community Park in the amount of $188,050 and commit a matching share of funds in the amount of $16,650.
- Council authorized advertising for a Public Hearing for the 2023 – 2027 Capital Improvements Program on August 17, 2022 at 7:00 P.M. with a workshop immediately following.
- Council approved reducing the letter of credit held to insure completion of the required improvements at the Regan Ridge Development in the amount of $97,231.20.
- Council awarded a contract for DPW-5-22, 2022 Road Surface Treatment Project to Russell Standard Corporation in the amount of $254,812.50.
- Council awarded a contract for DPW-6-22, Public Works Roof Restoration Project to Schultheis Roofing Inc. in the amount of $198,600.00.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage
The next Council meeting will be held Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.