The Municipality of Murrysville held their regular voting meeting on Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Mayor Synan Comments:
- The Glass Recycling “Pop-Up” collection event has been rescheduled for Saturday, June 20th at Veterans Field parking lot, 4200 Sardis Road, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Farmer’s Market opening day is June 4th, Thursdays from 3-7 PM, June thru September, at 3235 Sardis Road down by Murrysville VFD. Face masks will be required to interact with vendors
- .Murrysville goes "GREEN” June 5th. Please support our local businesses.
- Murrysville Recreation “Ready, Set, Run! 5K” will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 16 – August 6 from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Register at www.murrysvilleparecreation.com.
Council Action Items:
- Council approved authorization to advertise for a Public Hearing for vacation of an unopened portion of Carson Avenue from its northerly terminus and ending at the northern line of Ring Alley as depicted on Exhibit D of the proposed ordinance.
- Council approved SP-2-20,“4001 Partners Site” application, proposing improvements to include a used car dealership and in-house service center” located at 4001 William Penn Highway, B Zoning being currently identified as Westmoreland County Tax Parcel 49-14-02-0-095, currently listed under the ownership of “4001 Partners LP” with conditions.
Municipal Facility Green Phase Status Effective June 13:
- The Community Center and Senior Center will remain closed or until otherwise announced.
- Tennis and Basketball Courts are open for singles and doubles play with adherence to State guidelines.
- Playgrounds will probably be open by mid-next week in accordance with state guidelines.
- Pavilions are available for reservations in accordance with state guidelines, which will be posed at the pavilions.
- Fields be open on the 13th of June for organized activity with adherence to state guidelines for group ratios, social distancing, and cleaning requirements.
- The Splash Pad is currently closed. Staff will continue to evaluate and discuss with Council at the next meeting regarding possible opening July 1 for possibly a couple days a week or a day on the weekend.
The next Murrysville Council meeting will be Wednesday, June 17, at 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage.